About Alaskan Weather Network
The Alaskan Weather Network was founded in June of 2008 by Tim of www.thanko.info. Tim also administrates the Midwestern Weather Network. Membership is open to those with Personal Weather Stations in Alaska and member sites can be viewed on the home page.
The members of this site contribute their data to the map on the home page allowing for a clear and live snap shot of the weather in the Southeastern states of the USA. It is a great place to visit when there is a storm predicted for the Southeastern or if you plan on traveling to or in the area.
If you have a weather website using a personal weather station running Weather Display, VWS, or WeatherLink software in Alaska, you are invited to join our network. Membership is free, Contact Us to get started. We offer a member mesomap for your site. The map style and rotating data display was a result of collaboration between SWN members as they built their network. Ken True from Saratoga-Weather.org supplied the backend programming that makes it all work.
Weather Network affiliations:
- Namibia Weather Network 22 Stations in Namibia
- Austria Weather Network 21 Stations in Austria
- Benelux Weather Network 90 Stations in Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg
- Bulgarian Weather Network 60 Stations in Bulgaria
- Czech Republic Weather Weather Network 8 Stations in Czech Republic
- European Weather Network 629 Stations in Europe
- French Weather Network 97 Stations in France
- Germany Weather Network 50 Stations in Germany
- Hellas Meteo Network 62 Stations in Greece
- Iberian Peninsula Weather Network 77 Stations in Spain, Portugal, Andorra
- Poland Weather Network 19 Stations in Poland
- Scottish Weather Network 51 Stations in Scotland
- Serbian Weather Network 17 Stations in Serbia, Kosovo, Macedonia
- Slovakia Weather Network 14 Stations in Slovakia
- Slovenia Weather Network 13 Stations in Slovenia
- United Kingdom Weather Network 83 Stations in England, Wales, Scotland, N.I.
- South America
- Argentina Weather Network 24 Stations in Argentina
- Alaskan Weather Network 5 Stations in AK
- Mid-Atlantic Weather Network 42 Stations in PA, NJ, WV, VA, DE, MD, DC
- Mid-South Weather Network 25 Stations in TX, OK, AR, LA
- Midwestern Weather Network 83 Stations in MN, WI, MI, IA, IL, IN, OH, MO, KY
- North American Weather Network USA: National
- Northeastern Weather Network 58 Stations in PA, NJ, NY,CT, RI, MA, VT, NH, ME
- Northwest Weather Network 31 Stations in WA, OR, ID, MT
- Plains Weather Network 20 Stations in OK, KS, ND, NE, SD
- Rocky Mountain Weather Network 29 Stations in WY, CO, NM
- Southeastern Weather Network 44 Stations in TN, NC, SC, MS, AL, GA, FL
- Southwestern Weather Network 52 Stations in AZ, CA, HI, NV, UT
About this website
This site is a template design by CarterLake.org with PHP conversion by Saratoga-Weather.org.
Special thanks go to Kevin Reed at TNET Weather for his work on the original Carterlake templates, and his design for the common website PHP management.
Special thanks to Mike Challis of Long Beach WA for his wind-rose generator, Theme Switcher and CSS styling help with these templates.
Special thanks go to Ken True of Saratoga-Weather.org for the AJAX conditions display, dashboard and integration of the TNET Weather common PHP site design for this site.
Special thanks to Martin of Hebrides Weather for the great banner.
Template is originally based on Designs by Haran.